Copyright by VNU University of Engineering and Technology
REMARKABLE EVENTS AND ACHIVEMENTS IN 2016
Updated on Thursday, 02/02/2017 - 08:56
VNU-UET has been continued to confirm her position in accordance to international standard, which builds the value and reputation of VNU-UET in particular and that of VNU in general. The 10 remarkable events and achievements are as follows:
1. At the first time, VNU-UET has more 900 students in 2016 and has plan to select 1,120 students in 2017. In 2016, 02 high quality training programs (engineer in Computer Science and engineer in Engineering Electronics-Telecommunication Technology) pursuant to Circular No. 23/2014/TT-BGDĐT, 01 training program for engineer in engineering energy and 01 training program for master in information security and short training course for basic IT certificate are approved and implemented.2. 02 VNU-Key Laboratories ( for Micro-Nano Technology and for SIS) are opened.
2. 02 VNU-Key Laboratories ( for Micro-Nano Technology and for SIS) are opened.
3. VNU-UET is recognized to get quality accreditation standard according to the Criteria for accreditation of MOET’s training institutions; one of 5 VNU’s research university members.
4. VNU-UET’s publication number is totally 246 articles (192 international publications including 49 articles on ISI/Scopus journals); Total amount for research works accounts for about 25 billion VND. 03 research groups win VNU-level S&T awards in 2011-2015 period; 03 inventions are granted utility solution certificates, etc.
5. Successful organization of international seminars: ATC-2016, ICEMA-4; 5th International Conference on Vietnamese Studies (technology and knowledge transfer section), DMSS-2016.
6. VNU-UET’s students get high score at ACM/ICPC: BYTE group gets 29/128 at the world final round in 2016; LINUX group get the ticket for the world final round in 2017.
7. Training for MOET’s selected teams to get high score at international informatics olympics: APIO in 2016, Vietnam gets 1 Gold medal, 2 Silver medals and 3 Bronze medals, rank No. 5 (after Japan, China, Iran, South Korea) and top of South East Asia; IOI-2016, Vietnam gets 2 Gold medals, 1 Silver medal and 1 Bronze medal, the highest score since 2000, ranks 7/81 country and territory participants.
8. Amphitheaters, classes are more upgraded; computers and research facilities for faculties and staffs are more equipped, building E3 is newly built with 7th floor, the strongest grid computing system in Vietnam is set-up.
9. Relationship University-Research Institute-Enterprise is sthengthened: Joint laboratory between VNU-UET and UTS and Joint laboratory between VNU-UET and VNPT Technology are set-up at VNU-UET.
10. Faculty of Electronics-Telecommunication celebrates 20th anniversary, confirms its position as leading faculty for training and research in engineering electronics and telecommunication in Vietnam.
UET-NEWs, summarised translation into English by Dr. Phan Quoc Nguyen