Key Laboratory for Micro-Nano Technology (Micro-Nano Lab)
- Micro-nanostructured functional magnetic materials: magneto-strictive, magneto-resistive, spin-valve materials, multiferroics, magnetic nano particles… Application studies include: magnetic field sensors, stress sensors, biochip sensors and biochips for biomedical applications etc.
- Micro-nanostructured semiconducting materials: photo-electrochemical materials, polymer-based hybrid materials. Application studies include: organic light emitting diodes (OLED), rechargeable batteries, solar cells, etc.
- Micro-nanostructured functional ferroelectric materials: nano-particles, thin films and composites, MEMS design, fabrication and applications.
- Computational Physics, modeling and simulation of micro-nano materials and devices.
- High-tech sample preparation, characterization apparatus: multi-target (up to six) sputtering systems, pulsed laser deposition (PLD) system, spin coaters; X-ray diffractometer, atomic force/magnetic force microscope, scanning electron microscope…
- Materials properties measurement systems: vibrating sample magnetometer (VSM) facilities, magneto-resistance and magnetostrictive measurement systems, four probe resistivity measurement system, semiconductor characterization systems, ferroelectrics characterization system and others.
- Wafer processing and chip fabrication facilities: limited-space clean-room facility, mask aligner, spin coating, wet benches, dry etcher, optical microscope, multipurpose digital thermo-sonic wire bonder, multipurpose bonding platform and others.
- Bio sample preparation and characterization facilities for bionanotechnology research: PCR thermal cycler, UV transilluminator, purifier class II biosafety cabinets, protein electrophoresis cell, spectrophotometer, gel documentation system, ultrasonic homogenization, centrifuge…
Key Laboratory for Smart Integrated Systems (SISLAB)
Established as the result of an investment project funded by the government budget in 2008, the Laboratory for Smart Integrated System (SIS Lab) is also a VNU-UET key laboratory and operates under the university administration and management. The laboratory is assigned the mission to initiate and coordinate concentrated teaching and research activities to develop inter- and cross- disciplinary fields of smart integrated systems engineering, and to strengthen the university’s capability in providing highly qualified human resources and high quality technology products. SIS Lab consists of a central unit – the VLSI Systems Design Laboratory – and four satellite laboratories: the Signal and Systems Laboratory, the Intelligent Networks and Systems Laboratory, the Knowledge Engineering and Information Security Laboratory, and the Embedded Systems Laboratory. With the idea on integrating the diverse competencies in the ICT and electronics engineering domains, SIS Lab draws human resources from the two major faculties of VNU-UET, the Faculty of Information Technology and the Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications. The laboratory currently enjoys training and research exchanges and collaborations with MINATEC CEA-LETI, CMP, Grenoble INP, University of Paris-Sud (France); Synopsys, eSilicon, Dolphin-IC (USA); JAIST, Osaka University, University of Electronics and Communication (Japan) and can be reached at: http://sis.uet.vnu.edu.vn/
Current research areas
- VLSI (FPGA/ASIC) design: system-on-chip, network-on-chip, design-for-testability, fault tolerance, video codec hardware design, low-power design, hardware/software co-design.
- Embedded systems: embedded software, embedded hardware, and application firmware.
- Signal and image processing, intelligent transmitting networks and systems.
- Knowledge engineering, data mining, information security.
Research equipment and facilities
- Informatics systems: HP computer sets and HP stations (Linux/Windows), SUN clusters, IBM servers (Redhat/Windows Vista), ATM DSLAM, Broadband Accept Servers.
- Computer-Aided Design tools: ModelSim, Leonardo Spectrum (Mentor Graphics), Xilinx ISE Foundation tool suite, ChipScope, EDK-DO development kit for embedded systems design, ARM Realview platform.
- Prototyping and testing equipments: spectrum analyzer (up to 26.5 GHz), network analyzer (up to 40 GHz), 34-channel portable logic analyzer, vector signal analyzer, analog signal generator, vector signal generator, RFID development tool set, 100 MHz storage oscilloscope, 1 GHz – 4 channel infinium oscilloscope, multi-functional generators, FPGA development kits (Altera, Xilinx, Actel), smart antennas/MIMO integrated solution.
Research and Development Centers
Research areas concern low-interference, ultra-high frequency devices built on micro-strip ADS Simulation Software (Ansoft), digital real-time processing techniques, radar engineering, high frequency chips design on Cadence, wireless security and warning systems; technology transfer in wireless transmitter and receiver systems, etc.
- Ultra-high frequency passive elements: filter set, dividers, antennas; ultra-high frequency IC, wave coverage software, anti-thief locks, smart boards, etc.
- UHF dual channel decoders, VHF and UHF low noise magnifiers; antitheft wireless system.
CETR has hosted a few significant research and development projects, such as “Investigations on design and fabrication of a signal transmitter, receiver and processing system for broad band signals in national sovereignty identification” (power up to 3000 W at 20 GHz working frequency as the main technical specifications) under the National Research and Development Programs, “Investigation on design and fabrication of high-power microwave transmitting module used in low-attitude radars”.